Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Blog


"I want to get back into blogging."

I cringe hearing myself say (or think) that because I've said it every single year since 2010.

  • 2010: The Closing Banquet
  • 2011: Untitled
  • 2012: To Be Continued
  • 2013: To Be Continued (after a hiatus)
  • 2014: Life By Yu
  • 2015: Tiffany + Yu
I have a feeling this year will be different.

As per usual, I spend one of my first posts looking at my resolutions from the past year and setting some new ones for the upcoming year.

To be honest, I kind of forgot about my 2014 resolutions. The year went by so quickly I feel like I blinked and it's already 2015.
  1. Write more. I'm not quite sure what would constitute "more." I was more consistent with writing in a journal, plus I wrote a couple guest posts for chloe + isabel, a piece in Levo League on staying in the know, and my first piece for REVOLT!
  2. Save money. This is an ongoing process, but I was more serious about it this year. I moved money over to a savings account I couldn't easily access every month.
  3. Better diet and exercise. It's constant battle. About halfway through the year, I started walking. A lot. With ResQwalk, I can track my walk and have money donated to Mr. Bones & Co., a local NYC animal welfare non-profit. I've been trying to be more disciplined with my 30-minute yoga workouts and recently, eating better meals from my friend Chef Melissa Gellert
  4. Live life, be positive. 2014 was a year of transitions. This was definitely an aspirational resolution.
For 2015, I want to:
  1. Work on being on time (let's start with work)
  2. Live in the present (limit "looking at phone" time when around people)
  3. Be magnetic (attitude of gratitude)
  4. Note to self: stop saying "sure" and use "yes"
Broad, I know. They're more like intentions I'm setting for this year. I like the idea of writing a journal entry from the future and monthly check-ins.

January 1, 2016

Wow, is it already 2016?!

I traveled to:
1. Seattle
2. Philly
3. Costa Rica
4. DC
5. Manila
6. Other impromptu places

I spent more time:
1. On "me" projects
2. Supporting my friends and making some new ones
3. Expressing gratitude

I'm most proud of
1. Inspiring others
2. Stepping out of my comfort zone
3. Being my best self

Words to describe 2015: meaningful, growth, thrive

No comments:

Post a Comment