Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

What Are You Excited for Today?



"Who do you want to be? How do you want to feel? How do you want to show up?" -Silvia Christmann

What a way to start the year. Yesterday, I went to my first event of 2015, hosted by a powerhouse community called Dreamers & Doers. And what an event it was. I remember starting 2014 feeling frustrated and defeated. We're only nine days into the new year and I feel inspired. 2015, I'm ready for you!

Silvia led a session on bringing joy and gratitude into your life. Yes, please.

The How: Practice joy and gratitude every morning and night by thinking, "What am I excited for today? What would make today great?"

Just as you wake up every morning (and hit snooze if you're like me), read theSkimm, brush your teeth, hop in the shower, and get dressed, practicing joy and gratitude should be part of your routine.

I've put a sticker under my bathroom mirror that says, "What are you excited for today?" Actually, it's my name tag from the event but if anyone has ideas for a nicer sign, I'm game. But I digress.

Don't have time? Think about it while you brush your teeth. It made me think about what I actually think about when I brush my teeth. I'm pretty sure I'm not even thinking.

I also loved the way she talked about the people in our lives and connecting on positive frequencies. Who are your doers (motivators), enthusiasts (cheerleaders), skeptics (for constructive feedback), connectors, coaches, mentors, examples, etc.?

And who are your energy vampires? You know, the ones who make you feel bad for hustling and make you think you have an obligation to give them your energy. Cut. Them. Out.

I've never done a people inventory before, but this is the year to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment