Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Gratitude Project

I've always had an issue with expressing gratitude. I think part of it stems from a need to be self-reliant and independent and then the other part of it just stems from me being awkward. Sometimes I can't even take a compliment! I'll just stand there... stop and stare... cue OneRepublic... cue awkward turtle... slow... clap...

It's something I want to work on.

Enter The Gratitude Project. It was actually Sukhy's idea. We met briefly at lunch at ConnectorCon (I was leading a panel on personal branding). I couldn't stay for the entire conference but Sukhy followed up with me afterward, sharing that one of the things he wanted to do in 2015 was to write and mail a short Thank You card once a week.

To say I loved the idea is an understatement.

I sat down a few days ago to brainstorm a list of people who might be the lucky recipient of a card. It was a good exercise in itself just to realize how many people I'm grateful for. And I know this isn't a comprehensive list. It'll grow and change as the year goes on.

This week I sent my first card (pictured above). It took me a few days to actually get the nerve to write it. How could I express my gratitude in one card? How would the recipient react? How many exclamation points can I really include in this?

Signed, sealed, (to be) delivered. We'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment